Saturday, January 16, 2010

So I jumped.....finally!

So I have spent years reading the blogs of friends and family, laughing with them and sometimes crying, all along being honored to be invited into the stories of their lives. Lately, after some moments of blog-stalking, my feelings of envy were overwhelming. I have no "history of us". There have been so many forgotten moments.... to be jounaled someday in some non-existent scrapbook that I never seem to have time for. So I have jumped! Today, on the 3rd birthday of one of my three greatest creations, I decided create something new. I am going to attempt to tell our stories, the monotonous, the mundane and the monumental. (I love alliteration, especially with the letter M.) The grammar probably won't be perfect and my punctuation is never correct. ( I love commas, but I am never sure that I always use them correctly.) My posts will probably be sparse and infrequent, but I have taken the leap.

One silly thing that has always held me back is naming a blog. Everyone is so clever in their blog names. I just couldn't come up with anything. Last night it hit me. The thing I talk about, think about, complain about, and fret about the most is Finding the Balance. It is so difficult to find that balance between motherhood, spousehood (not a word, I know), career, and self. It seems to be my life's mission lately. I am all ears if anyone has found it, or even seen moments or glimmers of it.

So here it is. My first post. The first of many, I hope. However, it may be few. Either way its here, and I finally jumped.

5 comments:

  1. Did you know I have a tear in my eye that I get to be the first one to say WELCOME? : ) What luck I happened to walk past my email just now. I'm so, so excited to visit here : )

    I have no idea how to find it, by the way. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and what a beautiful first post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I.am.so.EXCITED THAT YOU DID THIS!!!!! I will link you on mine! I love the name and Happy Birthday Mitchell Mitchell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! So excited to add another friend to my blog reads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blogosphere! What a lovely first post. Mine was lame, but nobody read blogs back then so it didn't matter. ;-)

    ReplyDelete