Friday, February 12, 2010

A Scarcity of Smiles

The past couple weeks my smile has been absent more than it was present. It's been hectic, stressful, snowy, and difficult. There isn't any particular reason, just everything. So I decided it was time to find my smile, even if just for a little while. How, you ask? By way of a list, or reminders, of some of the reasons I have to smile.

1. Sister-in-laws who listen to all of the ridiculousness of life, and sympathize, laugh, cry or do whatever it is that I need.

2. Surprise Valentines that come in the mail!

3. Dinner out with my husband, or my friends, or just dinner out!

4. Fourth graders that ask really interesting science questions that make me say "I'll have to look that up?"

5. Pizza and Ice Cream!

6. Friday nights with five on the couch watching a movie. (The oldest of the five always fast asleep.)

7. Colleagues who "get it".

8. Listening to bucket stories at dinner time. (What has filled your bucket today?)

9. Taking pictures, looking at pictures, hoping to develop pictures.

And......

10. These smiles...... make me smile!!




Ahhh! There it is...... my smile! I hope it sticks around for awhile!!

4 comments:

  1. I hear you. I have been grump master flex being stuck in the house so much lately. I think I need to make my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely photos, Nance. I need to do an attitude adjustment list too : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could take credit for the pictures. They are all Rachel.

    ReplyDelete